Keep Your Cool However You Like
When shopping around for the best coolers, you’ll notice that not all of them are created equally. They range in size, shape, durability, portability and so on. Depending on how many sodas you need to bring or how much ice you’re keeping cool, some coolers are worthier of your lifestyle and your favorite activities than others. Keep your—and your food’s—cool however you would like to with some of the top cooler categories. These include:
- Hard Coolers – Featuring a hard outer-shell and plenty of interior space, these devices deliver arctic cold and an element-battling tough outer shell. Go ahead, toss these babies around, they can handle it. Often hard coolers can hold a lot more insulation, so they keep the interior at North Pole-level temperatures.
- Wheeled Coolers – Featuring wheels on the bottom, these beach coolers often have a larger capacity and are built to take on adventures near and far. Look for wheels that can stand up to a wide variety of terrains, as well stay inflated or are easy to pump up. Locks on the wheels are also important, ensuring you can lock your cooler into place when you need to.
- Soft Coolers – With a lighter weight than hard coolers, soft coolers still provide impressive durability when you need it. They are easier to manage and can be carried wherever you need, ensuring your sand escapades are also well stocked with drinks and snacks. Refresh in style and ensure your essentials are safe with durable soft coolers. Many are made with materials that can stand up to everything from torrential downpours to bear attacks.
Related: Best Beach Carts
Where’s The Party At?
Another factor to consider when you’re shopping around for coolers is where you plan to go. If you’re white water rafting with a stop at the shore for lunch, or if you’re lounging on the beach with a crew of 50, you’re going to need two different types of coolers. Focus on the important aspects of your lifestyle when investing in a cooler. Some important things to consider include:
- Number of people in your group –If you have 50 people hanging out at your beach bonfire, you’re going to need a cooler with a large capacity to hold drinks for the whole crew. Check gallon capacity to determine which cooler meets your needs. Some coolers hold 10 or so cans comfortably, while others can fit up to 84. Consider the size of your party and how much everyone usually drinks and consumes before you purchase a new cooler.
- Portability – This one is key. If you’re going to be taking your cooler out somewhere far, over rough terrain, you’re not going to want to have to carry it. That’s where wheels come in. Wheels, especially high-quality ones that are built to handle a wide variety of surfaces. If you’re only going to be taking your cooler down the beach and don’t need to transport it much, handles can be a good choice. If you’ll be doing some trekking or plan to head out to remote spots, a backpack cooler might be the choice for you. Always consider where you’ll be going and whether you can manage a cooler before you purchase.
- Outer materials – The exterior build of a cooler is another key factor that you need to consider. Coolers that are made of hard plastic are going to be more durable, but also heavier. Coolers that feature soft materials might be a better choice if you want a lighter weight design. If your cooler is going to sit outside for days on end, look for plastic or soft material that is designed to stand up to the sun’s rays, heavy rains and anything else Mother Nature has in store.
Your gatherings aren’t complete without ice cold drinks, grandma’s potato salad kept at the perfect cool temperature, and cold-cut sandwiches that last all day long. Keep the crowd fed and hydrated no matter the conditions or the terrain with any one of these top-rated, made for action coolers. Go ahead, get out there and explore with your favorite refreshments in tow! Figure out which type of cooler is the beach cooler for your needs, and don’t forget to pay attention to the must-have features like capacity, insulation material, size, portability and more!